Fast, Easy Empanadas
Real Simple Magazine
Ingredients:
2T olive oil
1 package refrigerated pizza dough ( I use the canned kind)
Flour for the work surface
1 16 oz can refried beans
1 1 pint container fresh salsa (doesn't have to be fresh)
shredded cheddar cheese
Directions:
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees and spread 1 teaspoon oil on the baking sheet. Divide the dough into 6 equal parts. Roll each into an 8 inch round on a lightly floured surface. ( I keep mine rectangle/sqrareish.)
2. On half of each round spread some beans, salsa, and cheese (I leave the salsa off the ones for the kids). Fold over the other half of each round, covering the filling, and pres the edge with your thumb to seal. Lightly brush the tops of the empanadas with the remaining oil, then transfer to the baking sheet.
3. Bake for 12-15 minutes (it usually takes longer but it a good starting point) or until golden. serve with our cream, guac, more salsa, etc...
This is one of our family's favorite quick meals!
Heather Williams
Alfredo Mac 'n Cheese ... A Mash-Up Made in Heaven
11 years ago
Oh and I use fat free refried beans!
ReplyDelete