Thursday, January 14, 2010

Super Easy Taco Soup

1/2 lb extra lean ground beef
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 1/2 cups water
1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, with liquid
1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
2 tablespoons taco seasoning
2% cheddar cheese, shredded (optional)
avocado, slices (optional)

*You can also try adding a can of Rotel and black beans instead of kidney beans. The last time I tried it, I threw in a can of corn and it was delish!

Brown the meat and the onion until the meat is cooked through. Throw everything else in the pot (I used a really big skillet so it was a one-pot dish), and let it simmer for about 30 minutes. Super good, super easy.

-Leslie

2 comments:

  1. Although I can't promise to contribute super often, I would love to be a part of this. I do have a few good recipes I can contribute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Send me your email address again, but send it to recipesbetweenfriends@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete